Box Office: 704-379-1266
Light Rail Stop:
From the Lynx or bus stations, debark at CTC/Arena Station. Follow signs to Trade Street. There is street level accessibility to Founders Hall in the Bank of America/Blumenthal via escalators and a passenger elevator located at the corner of Trade/College.
- The Booth Playhouse of the North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts is a courtyard-style proscenium Theatre with cabaret and Theatre-in-the-round capabilities.
- Named for Douglas Booth, retired President of Duke Power (now Duke Energy) and Chairman of Performing Arts Center Building Committee.
- This intimate Theatre contains 434 seats with seating in orchestra and gallery levels.
- It hosts a variety of dance, choral and other musical ensembles, as well as meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Theatre is ADA accessible and compliant.
- Enter from Founders Hall.
- Private reception and meeting area in upper level lobby of the Booth Playhouse.
- 100 person sit down dinner capacity, 250 person reception style capacity.
- ADA accessible and complaint.
- Enter from the staircase of Booth orchestra lobby.
Accessibility Services for Booth Playhouse:
Advance reservations for Patrons needing assistance are encouraged to ensure the best possible experience!
- Assisted listening system for people with hearing impairments
- Wheelchair accessibility
- The Booth playhouse is accessible to patrons who use wheelchairs. All restrooms and water fountains in The Booth playhouse are wheelchair accessible, and restrooms are equipped with strobe-light as well as audio alarm systems.
Entry and exit assistance:
- For performances in the Booth Playhouse, an usher can meet patrons who need assistance at the corner of Tryon and 5th.
- There is a drop off point at each theater where a driver can drop off a patron needing assistance. We provide an usher to be waiting for them and can assist with getting the patron into the theater in a wheelchair. All locations are on this form. We do have some wheelchairs we can provide simply for transporting the patron to and from the theater. This service is also available post show. The patron can let the usher who is helping them preshow that they will also need assistance afterwards and that will be arranged then. We ask that all areas on the form are filled out properly. These forms are given to our Front of House Managers day of show and that is the only thing they have to go off on for the patron. Also this does not have to be filled out at the time of purchase, a patron can call back at any time and request this.
- Doors to Theater open 30 minutes before show time.
- Lobby Opens: one hour before show
- Box Office: 2 hours before the show (closes after intermission)
- Late Seating: Depends on the show.
- Concerts: after 1st song
- Broadway: after intro
Services for the visually impaired:
- Audio Description
- Certain performances will be audio described for the blind or visually impaired. The Box Office will provide a schedule of these performances upon request. Audio description provides an on-going oral description of the action, sets and costumes during the performance. Each participant wears a headset, and no other patrons are able to hear the descriptions. Patrons will required to leave a photo ID when checking out devices.
- Large Print Programs
- Large print programs are available for patrons at many performances. At the Booth Playhouse, simply ask any usher for assistance.
- Service Animals:
- If you or someone in your party plans to attend an event with a service animal, please inform the Box Office when purchasing your tickets so that we may arrange for an aisle seat.
Services for the deaf or hard of hearing:
- Certain performances at the Performing Arts will be interpreted for the hearing impaired. The Box Office will provide a schedule of these performances as requested. Also, performances can be interpreted on request.
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Assisted listening devices are available free of charge for all performances in the Blumenthal Performing Arts. Booth Playhouse patrons may ask an usher for assistance. Patrons will be required to leave a photo ID when checking out devices.
How many seats are in the Booth Playhouse?
The Booth Playhouse has a capacity seating of 434 on two levels.
- Orchestra: 306 seats
- Gallery: 128 seats
Bank of America Center Garage: 150 N. College St. Charlotte, NC 28202
- N. College Street
- E. 5th Street