345 North College St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
Box Office: 704-348-5741
Light Rail Stop:
From the Lynx, debark at Seventh Street Station. Walk up 7th, past Levine Museum to 7th, for the back entrance at the corner of 7th and College Street.
- The Duke Energy Theatre is a truly multi-purpose space.
- It is a Black-Box theatre and is completely equipped with theatre lighting capabilities and sound system. The space also has beautiful stained glass windows and hardwood floors.
- Duke Energy Theatre is ideal for receptions, seminars, meetings and lectures. Capacity for Duke Energy Theatre is 165.
- Located in the heart of Spirit Square in a magnificent three-story atrium. Helping make the Atrium lobby a truly exquisite space are marble floors, large supporting columns and ever-changing display or artwork. Caterer load-in and prep kitchen are conveniently located off the Atrium.
Accessibility Services for Duke Energy Theatre:
Advance reservations for Patrons needing assistance are encouraged to ensure the best possible experience!
- Assisted listening devices for people with hearing impairments. Patrons may be required to leave a photo ID.
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Wheelchair seating
- The Duke Energy Theater is accessible to patrons who use wheelchairs. Once the patron has arrived, they will need to see an Usher who will escort them to their seats.
Entry and exit assistance:
- For performances at Spirit Square’s McGlohon Theatre or Duke Energy Theatre, an usher can meet patrons who need assistance at the Tryon Street entrance or in the 7th Street drop-off area.
- There is a drop off point at each theater where a driver can drop off a patron needing assistance. We provide an usher to be waiting for them and can assist with getting the patron into the theater in a wheelchair. All locations are on this form. We do have some wheelchairs we can provide simply for transporting the patron to and from the theater. This service is also available post show. The patron can let the usher who is helping them preshow that they will also need assistance afterwards and that will be arranged then. We ask that all areas on the form are filled out properly. These forms are given to our Front of House Managers day of show and that is the only thing they have to go off on for the patron. Also this does not have to be filled out at the time of purchase, a patron can call back at any time and request this.
Services for the visually impaired:
- Audio Description
- Certain performances will be audio described for the blind or visually impaired. The Box Office will provide a schedule of these performances upon request. Audio description provides an on-going oral description of the action, sets and costumes during the performance. Each participant wears a headset, and no other patrons are able to hear the descriptions.
- Service Animals:
- If you or someone in your party plans to attend an event with a service animal, please inform the Box Office when purchasing your tickets so that we may arrange for an aisle seat.
Services for the deaf or hard of hearing:
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Assisted listening amplification is available free of charge for all performances at Spirit Square. In McGlohon Theatre or Duke Energy Theatre, patrons may ask an usher for assistance.
- Doors to Theater open 30 minutes before show time.
- Lobby Opens: one hour before show
- Box Office: 2 hours before the show (closes after intermission)
- Late Seating: Depends on the show.
- Concerts: after 1st song
- Broadway: after intro
7th Street Station Garage: 270 E. 7th St. Charlotte, NC 28202
- E. 7th Street
- E. 6th Street